[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem with Clustering

David Sinclair dsinclair at chariotsolutions.com
Fri Jan 8 14:31:31 GMT 2010

-- Sorry if you are getting this twice Matthew, it got bounced from the list

Matthew,

These are roughly the requirements for messaging

- need to ensure there are no messages dropped even if a node in the cluster
goes down (HA)
- easily scales
- zero configuration for brokers (nice to have, but Rabbit is pretty easy to
configure)
- seamless fail over for clients when the node they are connected to fails
(again, nice to have)

Along with those go the *regular* messaging requirements, point to point,
pub/sub, performance, security, integrates well, etc.

As far as the hardware/infrastructure being used for for HA, i was targeting
it for cloud deployment.

thanks again!