[rabbitmq-discuss] Trying to understand AMQP: definitions

Jeremy Dunck jdunck at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 23:45:03 GMT 2010

My reason for digging into the AMQP spec is that I'd like to declare a
queue which is auto-delete.  I see in the .Net client that to do so, I
need to use a method overload which requires a bunch of other
parameters-- passive, exclusive, etc.

I've looked at the .Net client source and user guide some and haven't
been enlightened.

Since I'm not really sure what these terms mean, I decided to look at
the AMQP spec; surely it's clear there!

I'm referring to the 0.8 spec found here, since that's apparently
what's (mostly) supported by Rabbit 1.7:
http://www.amqp.org/confluence/download/attachments/720900/amqp0-8.pdf?version=1&modificationDate=1183135458000

I was surprised to find no definition of passive, exclusive, or even
auto-delete within that spec.   Am I missing it?   Did it get
clarified in a later version?