[rabbitmq-discuss] Version numbers for librabbitmq-c?

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Thu Feb 25 21:06:36 GMT 2010

Stuart Herbert wrote:
> Mmm ... I see what you're saying, but I think it'd be a bit easier
> for folks if we had a numbered release we can point people to.
> Having numbered releases following the X.Y.Z approach will also help
> w/ focusing on stabilisation of the C library :)

Fair enough :-)

For your delectation, two new tags:

	librabbitmq-0.1-amqp_0_9_1
	librabbitmq-0.1-amqp_0_8

The "0.1" is the version number, and the "amqp_0_8" indicates which
version of the spec each tag supports. Slightly odd, I know. So the tag
with the "amqp_0_8" suffix is against the default branch, and the one
with the "amqp_0_9_1" suffix is against the amqp_0_9_1 branch, which has
default merged into it regularly, so they hold roughly the "same" code,
up to the differences required by the differences in the spec versions.

Go with librabbitmq-XX.YY-amqp_0_8 for compatibility with
currently-released versions of RabbitMQ server.

Regards,
  Tony