[rabbitmq-discuss] erlang client blowing chunks

Matthias Radestock matthias at rabbitmq.com
Tue Aug 31 22:58:45 BST 2010

Jon,

Jon Brisbin wrote:
> I actually updated the Makefile with the "-u rabbitmq_v2_0_0" so they
> would all be of the right tag.

Well, if you have the right source code then it must be picking up an
old version of the server beams from somewhere. If a clean build (as
suggested by Matthew) doesn't fix it then go hunting for stray .beam and
.ez files.

>> Also, why are you building from source anyway? Can't you simply use
>> the stock 2.0.0 server and associated binary plugins?
>
> I didn't see a link to the Erlang client (only) on the download page.
> Did I miss it?
>
> I would prefer to use a binary I didn't build myself but I need
> something I can put in my project deps directory (I'm using rebar) to
> compile against. This is a standalone OTP app.

Ah ok. No, there isn't a .ez for the standalone Erlang client, only the
embedded version. The latter is on our todo list.

Regards,

Matthias.