[rabbitmq-discuss] erlang client blowing chunks

Jon Brisbin jon.brisbin at npcinternational.com
Tue Aug 31 22:50:16 BST 2010

On Aug 31, 2010, at 4:40 PM, Matthias Radestock wrote:

> Jon,
>
> Jon Brisbin wrote:
>> Tried checking out the 2.0 tag and I'm getting a different error this time:
>
> Did you check out the 'rabbitmq_v2_0_0' tag on *all* the repos you are using (broker, codegen, erlang-client, etc)? And do a clean build?

I actually updated the Makefile with the "-u rabbitmq_v2_0_0" so they would all be of the right tag.

'Taint my first rodeo. ;)

> Because ...
>
>> worker: {error,
>>            {bad_return_value,
>>                {error,
>>                    {auth_failure_likely,
>>                        {error,
>>                            {undef,
>>                                [{rabbit_writer,start_link,
>>                                     [#Port<0.704>,0,4096,
>>                                      rabbit_framing_amqp_0_9_1]},
>>                                 {amqp_channel_util,
>>                                     start_channel_infrastructure,3},
>>                                 {amqp_network_connection,do_handshake,1},
>>                                 {amqp_network_connection,init,1},
>>                                 {gen_server,init_it,6},
>>                                 {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}}}}}}
>
> indicates that you have the wrong version of the broker code.
>
> Also, why are you building from source anyway? Can't you simply use the stock 2.0.0 server and associated binary plugins?

I didn't see a link to the Erlang client (only) on the download page. Did I miss it?

I would prefer to use a binary I didn't build myself but I need something I can put in my project deps directory (I'm using rebar) to compile against. This is a standalone OTP app.

Thanks!

Jon Brisbin
Portal Webmaster
NPC International, Inc.