[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ Clustering in Windows Server

Steve Follett Steve.Follett at troppussoftware.com
Tue Aug 24 20:45:15 BST 2010

David,  the question Desrie poses is mine as well.  Those of us that have done Microsoft clustering for some time understand there are a few simple things needed to allow an application to be configured on MS cluster, and most seem to be readily available in RabbitMQ windows version.  We are also looking into the Linux Pacemaker configuration as well but thought we could hit two paths for completeness.

For Microsoft clustering an application it needs to be able to run as a service.

It needs to be able to listen on a unique configured IP address rather than the local host, which seems to be able to be configured in RabbitMQ.

It needs to be able to configure all relevant log files onto the shared storage location, which seems to be able to be configured in RabbitMQ.

With these as a basis do you know of anyone who has tried this kind of configuration rather than the Windows version posted on your site?

Steve

Hi Desrie,

> We run RabbitMQ as windows service. Does anyone cluster RabbitMQ service in Windows server?

> Should we cluster two RabbitMQ nodes following two steps bellow or either one is OK?

> Step 1) Join two nodes in a cluster by RabbitMQ command: rabbitmqctl

> Step 2) cluster two RabbitMQ service using Windows clustering manager.

I'm not sure what the "Windows clustering manager" you refer to is.  But

the instructions for clustering at

<http://www.rabbitmq.com/clustering.html> should apply on Windows,

including in the case where you run the nodes as Windows services.  Is

there a specific problem you are having when trying to get this working?

David

--

David Wragg

Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ

SpringSource, a division of VMware

Steve Follett
Director Technical Operations | www.Troppussoftware.com<http://www.troppussoftware.com/>
Mobile: (303)803-7812 | steve.follett at troppussoftware.com<mailto:stevefollett at peak8solutions.com>

[cid:image002.jpg at 01CB4392.953C14E0]
This email may contain confidential privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review or distribution by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient please contact the sender and delete all copies. Your compliance is appreciated.