[rabbitmq-discuss] Problems with RabbitMQ not responding on channel request

Matthew Sackman matthew at rabbitmq.com
Thu Aug 19 01:42:25 BST 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 01:36:33AM +0100, Cal Leeming [Simplicity Media Ltd] wrote:
> Also, now that I reverted back to the original RabbitMQ (1.8.1-1), the re
> bug disappears...

That's very odd - as far as I'm aware, there are no changes between
1.8.1 and default regarding the use of regexp versus the re module (the
re module is the replacement for the new deprecated regexp module). I
wonder if this points more to different multiple versions of erlang
installed on your system - thus when you run and compile rabbit from
source it picks up something different to if you use the binary. Any
chance of that happening?

I would have thought a ps ax | grep rabbit for each case should be
enough to see what's different.

Matthew