[rabbitmq-discuss] STOMP support - production ready?

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Fri Apr 30 01:38:27 BST 2010

Hi Daniel,

Daniel Pittman wrote:
> I know RabbitMQ offers a STOMP plugin, and back in '08 y'all considered it
> experimental, but I can't find any more recent evidence of status.
>
> So, is the STOMP support reasonably production ready?
>
> More specifically, is it going to be stable enough that we can use it for
> non-core activities, without risking problems for real AMQP clients doing more
> serious work?

The plugin hasn't changed much in recent months, people have been using it in
production for a long time now, and I don't personally plan on making any large
changes to it, so it feels relatively stable to me -- but please don't take
that as an official announcement, it's just my own feelings on the matter!

With regard to risk for AMQP clients connected to the same broker: Erlang
enforces reasonable levels of isolation between clients. If an individual STOMP
connection, or even the whole STOMP plugin, crashes, the rest of the broker
will in most situations continue to run unaffected.

Regards,
  Tony