[rabbitmq-discuss] Producers send messages ! Consumer is Slow

Matthew Sackman matthew at lshift.net
Mon Apr 26 15:45:30 BST 2010

Hi Seema,

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 02:58:09PM +0530, Seema Biradar wrote:
> I have a Producer and consumer programs written in java.

Using the RabbitMQ Java client?

> Producer sends 2 Lakhs message, each message of 820 Byte. consumer is
> offline.
>
> when Consumer come live , the rate of consuming message is very low.

Are you actually trying to measure the rate of messages from 2 messages
alone? That's a somewhat small sample set - what happens if the producer
sends 2000 * 820B messages in and then you start up the consumer?

> Can you please suggest me how can I increase the rate of Consuming the
> message.

Well, you haven't actually told us what the rates are you're seeing. We
really need rather more information from you before we can start making
any suggestions.

Matthew