[rabbitmq-discuss] accept a message on a limited number of consumer

Benoit Chesneau bchesneau at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 15:17:06 BST 2009

Hi all I'm trying to find the best way to process this kind of message :

I've n consumers waiting on message coming on special routing key. But
I would like that if the message is accepect by 2 of this nodes, all
other ignore it. Any idee how it could be done ?

For now, I hesitate to just place a dispatcher the publisher and all
consumer nodes that choose where messages should be send. So message
will be pushilesd only to the dispatcher that will republish it to
other nodes.

Another way to do it may be to make all nodes listening until they
can't. When they can't accept any other actions they will unbind the
queue.

 Is there a better way to do it ?

- benoit