[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ throughput

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Thu Oct 1 22:19:52 BST 2009

Suhail,

Suhail Doshi wrote:
>     Persistent, ack mode

in which case 7KHz outbound is quite reasonable. For comparison, I
suggest you try transient messages, and no-ack mode.

> So it really does look like rabbitmq is not able to get items to me
> fast enough with lots of items backed in the queue.

You mentioned 200 items, which really isn't a lot.

How fast is "fast enough"? You have *50* consumers draining from a
single queue. No matter how fast rabbit is, if you add enough consumers
eventually rabbit won't be able to keep them all busy.

Regards,

Matthias.