[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ throughput

Suhail Doshi suhail at mixpanel.com
Thu Oct 1 21:56:35 BST 2009

Turns out I already output info to basically notice if the consumer is
blocking:
2009-10-01 20:55:27,935 INFO [id: 99704402] Processing complete,
acknowledged.
2009-10-01 20:55:27,939 INFO [id: 99704402] Received queue item,
processing...

2009-10-01 20:55:29,215 INFO [id: 99704402] Processing complete,
acknowledged.
2009-10-01 20:55:29,215 INFO [id: 99704402] Received queue item,
processing...

You'll notice there's a gap between receiving and processing so that means
the consumer is just waiting for an item. So it really does look like
rabbitmq is not able to get items to me fast enough with lots of items
backed in the queue.

Suhail

--
http://mixpanel.com