[rabbitmq-discuss] Rabbit-MQ crashing

Derek Burdick derek.burdick at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 17:44:14 GMT 2009

I have a durable, fanout exchange and queue.  I post persistent messages to
the exchange.  After sending messages for some time, the ERL process stops
and I can not restart RabbitMQ without deleting the contents of the
Database.  Here is the log from startup:

=INFO REPORT==== 9-Nov-2009::10:00:06 ===
disk_log: repairing
"c:/RabbitMQ/Runtime/db/rabbit-mnesia/rabbit_persister.LOG" ...

=INFO REPORT==== 9-Nov-2009::10:00:06 ===
Repaired persister log - 0 recovered, 0 bad

=INFO REPORT==== 9-Nov-2009::10:00:06 ===
    application: rabbit
    exited: {bad_return,
                {{rabbit,start,[normal,[]]},
                 {'EXIT',
                     {{badmatch,
                          {error,
                              {{{badmatch,eof},

[{rabbit_persister,internal_load_snapshot,2},
                                 {rabbit_persister,init,1},
                                 {gen_server,init_it,6},
                                 {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]},
                               {child,undefined,rabbit_persister,
                                   {rabbit_persister,start_link,[]},
                                   transient,100,worker,
                                   [rabbit_persister]}}}},
                      [{rabbit,start_child,1},
                       {rabbit,'-start/2-fun-4-',0},
                       {rabbit,'-start/2-fun-0-',1},
                       {lists,foreach,2},
                       {rabbit,start,2},
                       {application_master,start_it_old,4}]}}}}
    type: temporary

=INFO REPORT==== 9-Nov-2009::10:00:06 ===
    application: mnesia
    exited: stopped