[rabbitmq-discuss] Running Broker Query Langugae (BQL) on Windows - activation error

Lynton Grice lynton.grice at logosworld.com
Thu Nov 5 06:25:53 GMT 2009

Hi there,

I decided to try out the BQL on my windows box to see how it all works. I
followed the installation instructions at
http://www.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-bql.html

And did copy the required .EZ files (amqp_client.ez, rabbitmq-bql.ez,
rfc4627_jsonrpc.ez) into the "plugins" folder of the RabbitMQ server.

But now when I run the "rabbitmq-activate-plugins.bat" file I get the
following error:

C:\tmp\erlang\rabbitmq-public-umbrella\rabbitmq-server\scripts>rabbitmq-acti
vate-plugins.bat

ERROR: generation of boot script file
C:/tmp/erlang/rabbitmq-public-umbrella/rabbitmq-server/scripts/../ebin/rabbi
t.script failed:

{{module_not_found,amqp_client,amqp_direct_driver},

 {amqp_direct_driver,'$$ignore$$',amqp_client,"0.0.0",

"c:/tmp/erlang/rabbitmq-public-umbrella/rabbitmq-server/scripts/../priv/plug
ins/amqp_client/ebin"}}

{{module_not_found,amqp_client,amqp_network_driver},

 {amqp_network_driver,'$$ignore$$',amqp_client,"0.0.0",

"c:/tmp/erlang/rabbitmq-public-umbrella/rabbitmq-server/scripts/../priv/plug
ins/amqp_client/ebin"}}

If I look inside the EZ files I cannot see the amqp_network_driver.beam or
the amqp_direct_driver.beam files? Any reason why they were not included in
the EZ file?

I can add them in manually and modify the .app file for them, but that is
not the answer.

Any idea how I can solve this? Has anyone else got BQL working on Windows?

Thanks for the help

Lynton