[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem running rabbitmqctl

Marcus Irven marcus at marcusirven.com
Wed Nov 4 00:43:20 GMT 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 6:30 PM, Matt Todd <mtodd at highgroove.com> wrote:

> There's not enough information here to troubleshoot the problem. Do you
> mind locating the log files (usually /var/log/rabbitmq/), specifically the
> startup_err and startup_log files, and showing us the last few lines?
>
> Matt

I should point out that rabbitmq is working fine, I just can't use
rabbitmqctl.

# cat startup_err
# cat startup_log
Starting all nodes...
Starting node rabbit at marcusirven-1...
RabbitMQ 1.6.0 (AMQP 8-0)
Copyright (C) 2007-2009 LShift Ltd., Cohesive Financial Technologies LLC.,
and Rabbit Technologies Ltd.
Licensed under the MPL.  See http://www.rabbitmq.com/

node        : rabbit at marcusirven-1
log         : /var/log/rabbitmq/rabbit.log
sasl log    : /var/log/rabbitmq/rabbit-sasl.log
database dir: /var/lib/rabbitmq/mnesia/rabbit

starting database             ...done
starting core processes       ...done
starting recovery             ...done
starting persister            ...done