[rabbitmq-discuss] Problem running rabbitmqctl

Matt Todd mtodd at highgroove.com
Wed Nov 4 00:30:05 GMT 2009

There's not enough information here to troubleshoot the problem. Do you mind
locating the log files (usually /var/log/rabbitmq/), specifically the
startup_err and startup_log files, and showing us the last few lines?

Matt

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 7:24 PM, Marcus Irven <marcus at marcusirven.com> wrote:

> I've installed rabbitmq 1.6.0 via yum on two CentOS servers (one on
> slicehost and the other on EC2) and I'm running rabbitmq as a service.  On
> both servers I get an error when trying to run rabbitmqctl:
>
> {"init terminating in
> do_boot",{undef,[{rabbit_control,start,[]},{init,start_it,1},{init,start_em,1}]}}
>
> Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
>

> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Marcus

Matt Todd
Highgroove Studios
www.highgroove.com
cell: 404-314-2612
blog: maraby.org

Scout - Web Monitoring and Reporting Software
www.scoutapp.com