[rabbitmq-discuss] Making backups of RabbitMQ state?

Robert Raschke rtrlists at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 3 09:47:12 GMT 2009

Hi,

I am having a little bit of trouble figuring out what the proper backup
procedure for the RabbitMQ state would be.

For the configuration (vhosts, users, exchanges, queues, etc.) I can use the
normal Mnesia backup and restore. That I understand.

But for the persistant messages I am not so sure. How is the
rabbit_persister.LOG managed? Can I just take a backup copy of it whenever,
or may I only take one of the rabbit_persister.LOG.previous? Where would I
look to find out how often it is rolled? Can I trigger a manual roll?

Any pointers are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Robby