[rabbitmq-discuss] dropped messages in simple publish subscribe system

msmith1638 at gmail.com msmith1638 at gmail.com
Thu May 21 20:51:54 BST 2009

I have created a basic example using .NET clients. My broker is running in
an out of the box configuration. Feeding into my broker I have a client
that publishes messages via the basic publish method to two topic
exchanges. Message persistence is turned off. On another machine I have a
client that simply rips the messages from the two exchanges and takes some
statistical data.

Input into the system is about 31,000 messages per second. Now if I run the
client on the same machine as the input program and broker or on a
different machine on the network my through put is only about 4500 - 5000
messages per second. Is this the max amount of messages that Rabbit MQ can
handle or am I missing some serious performance tweaks.

Would appreciate some performance tuning tips or pointers to documentation
on this subject.

Thanks
Mark