[rabbitmq-discuss] New rabbit access control in tip?

Eric Windisch eric at grokthis.net
Fri May 15 01:08:46 BST 2009

On May 14, 2009, at 7:19 PM, Aaron Feng wrote:
> Is this what you are looking for?
> https://dev.rabbitmq.com/wiki/AccessControlDesign

Yes and no.  This basically reconfirms everything that I already
determined, even though this is not yet in sync with the actual code.
However, what is most important is not covered by this document: the
definition/syntax of the ConfigurationPermission and
MessagingPermission arguments.   Until that is documented, tip is
unusable.  Thats fine, though, it is tip after all.   Personally, I'd
like to figure out how the new permissions systems will work as I have
a special interest in that area and I'm even looking at fine-tuning
permissions beyond those suggested by the AccessControlDesign document.

I understand it is a work in progress, so I've no problems with
sitting tight for now, I just hope that more documentation will be
available soon.

Regards,
Eric Windisch