[rabbitmq-discuss] Monitoring options beyond rabbitmqctl

Valentino Volonghi dialtone at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 03:20:01 BST 2009

On Jun 17, 2009, at 5:21 AM, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> Are there other areas you'd like to see?  I was going to work on
> Connections
> next, but noticed that in my environment, which is currently Stomp
> only,
> they don't show.  I am working on a new consumer setup here that
> will be
> AMQP, which I expect does register properly in the connection data.

Another thing is:

mimetypes.guess_type is actually not thread safe, if you look at the
code
it loads the mime table on the fly, when multiple threads access it at
the
same time... On OSX it segfaults python 2.6, just returning
'application/octet-stream'
fixes everything.

Also you are opening files with the 'r' flag. This makes the software
not correct
under windows, you should use 'rb' and 'wb' for writing files, but
this is not
fundamental to work.

Good job and thanks :)

--