[rabbitmq-discuss] Monitoring options beyond rabbitmqctl

Gavin M. Roy gmr at myyearbook.com
Wed Jun 17 13:21:37 BST 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 4:55 AM, Anthony <anthony-rabbitmq at hogan.id.au>wrote:

> Looks cool! Got it to work under Python2.5 by installing simplejson
> and importing simplejson as json..

Thanks.  Re 2.5, the simplejson as json works, I just had not tested with
2.5.  I'll add 2.5 compatibility instructions in the README.

> I think we might have a few more queues etc. than the interface can
> handle at the moment though :)
>
> http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3093/conysnap.png
>
> ... perhaps a configurable "top offenders" with the rest represented
> by an aggregate statistic?

That's too funny, yeah I'll have the same problem as well in production.  I
was thinking of two things, a table view for full data and in the graphs,
sorting by the top 5 and adding an "Others" entry that is the sum of all of
the other queues.

Are there other areas you'd like to see?  I was going to work on Connections
next, but noticed that in my environment, which is currently Stomp only,
they don't show.  I am working on a new consumer setup here that will be
AMQP, which I expect does register properly in the connection data.

Gavin