[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 1.6.0 release

Darien Kindlund darien at kindlund.com
Thu Jun 18 20:06:52 BST 2009

Hi Matthias,

>>  - If the persister bug has been fixed, does that mean the
>> prioritization feature may get added in v1.6.1? ;)
>
> I don't expect message priorities to make it into a release in the next
> few months, unless market forces (such as somebody paying us money for
> that feature, or a revolt by rabbit users ;) require us to alter our plans.

Okay, understood.  I'll adjust our development schedule accordingly.
I'm pretty sure I can use the headers exchange implementation in order
to implement a "poor man's prioritization" capability, anyway.

>>  - Does the STOMP adapter need to be updated/tested before using with
>> v1.6.0?  If the current version is fine, can Tony tag the latest
>> stable as rabbitmq_v1_6_0?
>
> The version on 'default' is probably fine but I haven't tested it. If
> you can confirm it works then I'd be happy to tag it.

Okay, I'll let you know how testing goes.

>> - Also, does rabbitmq-c work with v1.6.0?
>
> Should do. Nothing has changed in the protocol.

Okay.

>> - Assuming we don't find any bugs with v1.6.0, is the standard
>> procedure to just mark v1.6.0 status as "stable" (from "beta"), or
>> were you planning on bumping the version number (and updating the
>> packages) to reflect a "stable" status?
>
> I doubt 1.6.x will ever become non-beta since there will be a 1.7.0
> release along well before I'd feel comfortable removing the beta tag
> from 1.6.x.

Interesting.  So is this your usual development cycle -- reserving
1.even_number == beta and 1.odd_number == stable? (similar to Linux
kernel release versions?)  Just curious.

-- Darien