[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ 1.6.0 release

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Thu Jun 18 18:46:26 BST 2009

Darien,

Darien Kindlund wrote:
>  - If we encounter any similar "persister timeout" errors logged via
> STOMP adapter [that we saw in v1.5.x], should we post our findings to
> the list?

Yes, please.

>  - If the persister bug has been fixed, does that mean the
> prioritization feature may get added in v1.6.1? ;)

I don't expect message priorities to make it into a release in the next
few months, unless market forces (such as somebody paying us money for
that feature, or a revolt by rabbit users ;) require us to alter our plans.

>  - Does the STOMP adapter need to be updated/tested before using with
> v1.6.0?  If the current version is fine, can Tony tag the latest
> stable as rabbitmq_v1_6_0?

The version on 'default' is probably fine but I haven't tested it. If
you can confirm it works then I'd be happy to tag it.

> - Also, does rabbitmq-c work with v1.6.0?

Should do. Nothing has changed in the protocol.

> - Assuming we don't find any bugs with v1.6.0, is the standard
> procedure to just mark v1.6.0 status as "stable" (from "beta"), or
> were you planning on bumping the version number (and updating the
> packages) to reflect a "stable" status?

I doubt 1.6.x will ever become non-beta since there will be a 1.7.0
release along well before I'd feel comfortable removing the beta tag
from 1.6.x.

Matthias.