[rabbitmq-discuss] Different Stomp Issue: rabbitmq-stomp and Codehaus PHP Stomp class

Gavin M. Roy gmr at myyearbook.com
Mon Jun 8 17:51:40 BST 2009

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Tony Garnock-Jones <tonyg at lshift.net>wrote:

> Hi Gavin,
>
> Yes, the ambiguity here is unfortunate.

I have opened a ticket in their Google Code repository, hopefully it will be
addressed.

The code currently (and at both the 1.5.3 and 1.5.5 tags) accepts any
> number of leading \r and \n characters before a command -- what exactly
> does the STOMP adapter do when it is sent a \0\n sequence as a frame
> terminator?

It does not respond to the frame.

> Yes. I agree. I think it should, however, stay strict in terms of what
> it emits (i.e. continue to use plain \0 for its frame terminator when
> it's speaking) -- do you think that makes sense?

Absolutely, and in this case, the only problem for them is the poor sending,
not receiving (even though the code is less than optimal, which is why I
rewrote that part of the code).

Thanks for the speedy updates.

Gavin