[rabbitmq-discuss] Stomp Connector not working in tip against 1.5.5

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Wed Jun 3 23:42:49 BST 2009

Gavin,

Gavin M. Roy wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been working on troubleshooting Stomp connectivity with RabbitMQ.
>  All of my R&D was on 1.5.3 with rabbitmq-stomp tag rabbitmq_v1_5_3
> and it worked just fine.  I went to setup a production test with
> RabbitMQ 1.5.5 and rabbitmq-stomp tip and it stopped working.

You shouldn't be using the rabbitmq-stomp tip with a v1.5.x server (*).
The instructions that come with the STOMP adapter are quite explicit
about that: "If there is no specific tag for the version of the server
you are using, try using the newest tag that has the same major and
minor version number.".

With the STOMP repo from a few moments ago, that means you should have
been using the revision tagged rabbitmq_v1_5_3, but I've just added a
rabbitmq_v1_5_5 tag now, so use that revision instead.

Matthias.
(*) In fact you should *never* use the tip of any of our repositories
(unless you are really, really, sure that is what you want to do). We
use branching extensively, and 'tip' will point to whatever happens to
be the last commit, which could be on any branch. See
http://www.rabbitmq.com/mercurial.html for more details.