[rabbitmq-discuss] "None of the specified endpoints were reachable"

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Fri Jul 17 14:31:44 BST 2009

Hi Tammo,

Tammo.Filusch at btc-ag.com wrote:
> after sending about 4000msg each in a single thread using the above
> code,  im getting error that states:
> "None of the specified endpoints were reachable".

That's interesting. Are the messages really sent (as in, are they
received by some consumer further down the chain)?

Here's an example exception report I see when I have no broker running.
Notice how there's an "Endpoints attempted" report below the main
exception report. What does your system print for the "Endpoints
attempted" report?

None of the specified endpoints were reachable
Endpoints attempted:
  endpoint=amqp-0-8://localhost:5672, attempts=1, outcome=Connection refused
Stack trace:
  at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection (Int32
maxRedirects, RabbitMQ.Client.AmqpTcpEndpoint[] endpoints) [0x00000]
  at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection
(RabbitMQ.Client.AmqpTcpEndpoint[] endpoints) [0x00000]
  at RabbitMQ.Client.ConnectionFactory.CreateConnection (System.String
address) [0x00000]
  at RabbitMQ.Client.Examples.LogTail.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000]