[rabbitmq-discuss] Return message? [Was: Re: Sample code for python?]

Alex Clemesha clemesha at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 20:50:52 BST 2009

> I'm not at all clear what Carrot adds over plain py-amqplib ... I can't even find the docs.

I'm sorry, what I meant to post was "Celery" not "Carrot" (baah! Too
many rabbit related project :-)
http://www.celeryq.org/index.html

Which is a RabbitMQ friendly Django Task Queue framework.

-Alex

> My question, in general, is how does the rabbitmq system deal with the need to report back (in a guaranteed timely manner) to the entity submitting a request/job the result of said request/job.  (either the response returned from the worker, or an error staing the request has expired.)

Celery has lots of stuff on Tasks (aka Jobs):
http://www.celeryq.org/reference/celery.task.base.html

so you'll probably be able to solve you problems with that.

good luck,
Alex

--
Alex Clemesha