[rabbitmq-discuss] Work distribution

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 12:43:11 GMT 2009

Sean,

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 11:44 AM, Sean Treadway <sean at soundcloud.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the work you did on this.  It's very high on our list to roll in
> to our architecture as it will greatly improve the utility of our work
> offloading framework.
>
> We're currently stuck with the STOMP adapter for now - but when are able to
> move to EventMachine for our worker daemons, we'll most likely be forking
> and patching the ruby AMQP library for qos support.  I'm keeping this
> offlist because I don't know *when* we will get to it and I don't really
> want to prevent anyone else from taking a crack at the client implementation
> :)

Why not keep it on list - somebody might just do your work for you :-)

Besides, adding basic.qos to a client library is trivial because it is
probably the simplest RPC there is.

All the hard stuff is handled on the server.

> I can't speak higher praises about this RabbitMQ - it's the most stable and
> architecturally influential software I've encountered.
>
> We've recently moved to Solaris.  Rabbitmq + stomp from 'tip' built without
> a problem.  Kudos to you and all at LShift.

BTW updating to tip in mercurial is a bit dodgy because you just get
some random revision - and a high likelihood that it'll be one that
you don't want - it is better to update to the head of a named branch,
for example the default branch.

HTH,

Ben