[rabbitmq-discuss] Miscellaneous Question

Jason J. W. Williams jasonjwwilliams at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 22:17:21 GMT 2009

Hello,

A few miscellaneous questions came to me last night, so I thought I'd
bundle them into one e-mail. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

* How does one monitor memory consumption by a queue?

* If messages persist to disk do they relieve memory pressure on the queue?

* How resilient is the Mnesia DB to sudden death of the process using it?

The last question has to do with me trying to start Rabbit again
yesterday and it hanging on start and then issuing an error about
reading the databases. Clearing the Mnesia files in /var/lib/rabbitmq
allowed Rabbit to start...but I assume in a production scenario this
would have eliminated any durable queues/exchanges and persistent
messages.

Just concerned that the Mnesia DB is fragile and susceptible to
corruption when Rabbit is kill -9'd.

-J