[rabbitmq-discuss] Net::AMQP Perl Client - Status?

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Sun Jan 11 18:41:55 GMT 2009

Hi Darien,

(CCs trimmed)

Darien Kindlund wrote:
> Additionally, I was curious if the STOMP adapter provides a way for a
> Net::Stomp perl client to connect to a different vhost (other than
> '/').

Yes: supply a custom header, "virtual-host", to the CONNECT command. I'm
not 100% certain, but I suspect you can do this by

   $stomp->connect({login=>'guest', passcode=>'guest',
                    "virtual-host"=>'/my-virtual-host'})

There are a couple of other extension headers available; I'm afraid I
haven't gotten around to the dreaded documentation yet, so reading
rabbit_stomp.erl is the only way to discover them. A quick grep provides:

   CONNECT virtual-host
   CONNECT realm
   SEND exchange
   SUBSCRIBE exchange
   SUBSCRIBE routing_key
   various message properties in SEND
   queue and binding attributes in various methods
     (X-, X-Q-, X-B- prefixes)

Regards,
   Tony