[rabbitmq-discuss] How to set max processes number ?

Aymerick Jéhanne aymerick at fotonauts.com
Sun Feb 22 10:57:55 GMT 2009

Hi,

Can you tell me what's the best way to set the "max number of erlang
processes" setting when launching rabbitmq ?

I tried to add that in /etc/default/rabbitmq
MULTI_ERL_ARGS='
   +P 1000000'

But rabbitmq still crashed a few hours latter because it reached the
max number of erlang processes.

So even:
1. I didn't set this value properly
2. It reached the 1 000 000 processes limit... but It should not, as I
have less then 40 000 queues, and "only" a few hundreds of active
channels.

Someone knows how I can see how maybe erlang processes are running in
rabbitmq ?

Thanks,
Aymerick