[rabbitmq-discuss] Interoperability between server v1.5 and java client API v1.4

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 10:10:03 GMT 2009

Gavin,

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 8:34 AM, Gavin Bong <vinorasmus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just recently noticed that the server and java client library has been
> updated to 1.5.1
>
> Will the java client API v1.4 work with the latest server ?

Yes, the wire protocol is the same. The 1.5.x server will just ignore
tickets and treat the access.request command as a NOOP.

> Will the upgrade to java client API v1.5 be as simple as removing any
> code that deals with realms and tickets ?

Yep.

> We're going live next week and I don't want this upgrade to cause any
> delay. Thanks for a great piece of software.

Although the 1.4 client will work, there are a number of bugs that
have been fixed in the 1.5.x client, especially surrounding edge cases
with the shutdown protocol. Hence if you do have any issues with it,
our first repsonse is likely to be "upgrade to the latest stable
version". If you do have the time to retest your application, it may
be worth upgrading before you go into prod.

HTH,

Ben