[rabbitmq-discuss] STOMP Error?

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Fri Feb 6 17:18:25 GMT 2009

Darien,

Darien Kindlund wrote:
> -rw-r--r-- 1 rabbitmq rabbitmq 158842429 2009-02-05 16:44 rabbit_persister.LOG

That's a non-negligible amount of persisted data. The persister writes a
new snapshot every 500 events (publishes, acks, etc). Writing ~160MB of
data to disk could take a few seconds. The persister is queried by
channels the first time they need a guid, e.g. for generating names of
auto-delete queues or unique ids of persisted messages. That call might
time out when the persister is in the middle of writing a snapshot. The
error you are seeing is a result of that.

We will remove the dependency of the guid generation on the persister in
the next release, at which point you should no longer see the error.

Meanwhile you can reduce the likelihood of the error occuring by
reducing the frequency with which you establish new connections, e.g. by
keeping them open for longer and re-using them, reducing the rate at
which you publish persisted messages, or turning off message persistence
altogether.

Regards,

Matthias.