[rabbitmq-discuss] getting started, broker runs; can't get status

Dave Farkas dave at interactivemediums.com
Mon Feb 2 20:54:56 GMT 2009

Matthias, Dmitriy, Christopher

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 5:48 PM, Matthias Radestock <matthias at lshift.net> wrote:

> Dave, Christopher, to test the above theory, please re-enable Nagle by
> changing the following lines in the rabbitmq-server script from
>
> [ "x" = "x$RABBITMQ_SERVER_ERL_ARGS" ] && RABBITMQ_SERVER_ERL_ARGS="+K true
> +A30 \
> -kernel inet_default_listen_options
> [{nodelay,true},{sndbuf,16384},{recbuf,4096}] \
> -kernel inet_default_connect_options [{nodelay,true}]"

> [ "x" = "x$RABBITMQ_SERVER_ERL_ARGS" ] && RABBITMQ_SERVER_ERL_ARGS="+K true
> +A30"
>
> (Alternatively you can override the value by setting
> RABBITMQ_SERVER_ERL_ARGS in your shell or SERVER_ERL_ARGS in
> /etc/default/rabbitmq)
>

> Then try starting the server and invoking rabbitmqctl.
>

> Matthias.

I don't have snoopy installed, anything in /etc/ld.so.preload or can
find a place where LD_PRELOAD is being set. SELinux is also disabled:

[root at db1 selinux]# more /etc/selinux/config
# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
#   enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
#   permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
#   disabled - No SELinux policy is loaded.
SELINUX=disabled
# SELINUXTYPE= can take one of these two values:
#   targeted - Only targeted network daemons are protected.
#   strict - Full SELinux protection.
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

I've also tried to re-enable Nagle by changing the lines in the
rabbitmq-server script with the same results.

Thanks,
Dave