[rabbitmq-discuss] How to set full nodename

Matthew Sackman matthew at lshift.net
Wed Dec 9 14:26:08 GMT 2009

Hi there,

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 02:58:52PM +0100, Adam Cigánek wrote:
> How to tell rabbitmq to use nodename like "rabbit at localhost"? If I put
> this into /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.conf (i'm on debian based distro):
>
> NODENAME=rabbit at localhost
>
> then it seems to insist on connecting to "rabbit at localhost@blahblah"
> (where blahblah is the hostname of the machine it is running on). I
> tried also setting the environment variable RABBITMQ_NODENAME, but
> with the same results.

This has been fixed on our default branch (i.e. the fix has been made
and it's been through our QA), but there is no release that fixes this
problem. I'm afraid the only way for you to get around this is to
compile Rabbit from source. Please see our compilation guide at:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/build-server.html

Needless to say, the fix will be included in our next stable release.

Matthew