[rabbitmq-discuss] How to set full nodename

Martin Wilhelm mwilhelm at vz.net
Wed Dec 9 14:25:34 GMT 2009

Adam Cigánek wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> How to tell rabbitmq to use nodename like "rabbit at localhost"? If I put
> this into /etc/rabbitmq/rabbitmq.conf (i'm on debian based distro):
>
> NODENAME=rabbit at localhost
>
> then it seems to insist on connecting to "rabbit at localhost@blahblah"
> (where blahblah is the hostname of the machine it is running on). I
> tried also setting the environment variable RABBITMQ_NODENAME, but
> with the same results.
>
> The reason I want to do this is that I want to be able to change the
> hostname of my machine while rabbitmq is running without it going
> crazy.

There was a experimental fix under the branch: "bug21771". This
one could help you. Try it. :)

Martin

VZnet Netzwerke Ltd. || Saarbruecker Str. 38 || D - 10405 Berlin

Tel:
Fax:
Mobil: 	+49 (176) 14050444

MWilhelm at vz.net

www.studivz.net, www.meinvz.net, www.schuelervz.net

VZnet Netzwerke Limited, Registered Office Berlin, Registration Court Charlottenburg, HRB 101454
Executive Directors: Markus Berger-de Leon, Clemens Riedl
Non-Executive Directors: Dr. Jochen Gutbrod Martin Weber, Claas van Delden
Headquarters: VZnet Netzwerke Limited, 5 New Street Square, London EC4A 3TW, United Kingdom
Companies House Cardiff No. 5607971, Place of Registration: England and Wales