[rabbitmq-discuss] Broker failover

Niko Felger niko.felger at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 20 11:09:32 BST 2009

Matthew,

Thanks a lot for all this info!

Is there a way to achieve some of this in a clustered setup? I guess our
requirements are not so much HA of the whole messaging subsystem, but rather
that an as-large-as-possible proportion of messages gets processed
_eventually_. The scenario I am mainly worried about is when producers
suddenly cannot publish anymore because the server has gone away and thus
any messages are lost at that point.

We tried using a dumb load balancer (in front of both producers and
consumers) to achieve this, but so far this has caused us more trouble than
it saved, see here:
http://www.nabble.com/RabbitMQ-load-balancing-failover-with-LVS-td24683230.html#a24683230

Thanks!
niko