[rabbitmq-discuss] questions about distributed queue

Paul Dix paul at pauldix.net
Mon Aug 17 15:34:53 BST 2009

Sorry for the confusion. I mean scalability on a single queue. Say I
want to push 20k messages per second through a single queue. If a
single node can't handle that it seems I'm out of luck. That is, if
I'm understanding how things work.

So I guess I'm not worried about total queue size, but queue
throughput (although size may become an issue, I'm not sure). It seems
the solution is to split out across multiple queues, but I was hoping
to avoid that since it will add a layer of complexity to my producers
and consumers.

I don't think I understand how using Linux-HA with clustering would
lead to a splitting a single queue across multiple nodes. I'm not
familiar with HA, but it looked like it was a solution to provide a
replicated failover.

Thanks again,
Paul