[rabbitmq-discuss] questions about distributed queue

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Mon Aug 17 15:24:18 BST 2009

Paul Dix wrote:
> Do you have a roadmap for when a scalable queue
> will be available?

If by "scalable" you mean "replicated", then that's available now, by
configuration along the lines I hinted at in my previous message. Adding
clustering into the mix can help increase capacity, on top of that (at a
certain cost in configuration complexity).

If instead you mean "exceeding RAM+swap size", we're hoping to have that
for the 1.7 release -- which ought to be out within a month or so.

> Just to give you a little more information on what I'm doing, I'm
> building a live search/aggregation system. I'm hoping to push updates
> of a constant internet crawl through the messaging system so workers
> can analyze the content and build indexes as everything comes in.

Sounds pretty cool!

Tony
--
 [][][] Tony Garnock-Jones     | Mob: +44 (0)7905 974 211
   [][] LShift Ltd             | Tel: +44 (0)20 7729 7060
 []  [] http://www.lshift.net/ | Email: tonyg at lshift.net