[rabbitmq-discuss] Erlang client: review request

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 20:52:22 BST 2009

Juhani,

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 8:03 PM, Juhani Ränkimies<juhani at juranki.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get up and running with erlang client, and wrote a bot
> for the rabbitmq-http2 chat demo as an excercise.
> It'd be great if someone could have a look to see if I'm on the right track.
>
> http://github.com/juranki/chatbot/blob/9734b5241591b8b1c75a0b57aa50a9a11412b413/src/chatbot_srv.erl

I've had a quick look, however, in general I'm a bit confused with the
message pattern you are using (might be that I'm missing something).
Is this supposed to unicast or multicast? It looks a little bit like
an RPC server, except that any consumer could receive the responses it
sends back. Maybe I'm missing the point, though.

Here are some more library orientated observations:

- Where does the exchange called rabbit come from?
- You don't need to supply an empty tag when you want the server to
generate you one for a subscription;
- What does it mean to bind a queue with an empty routing key? What
sort of exchange are you using?
- Message priorities are not yet implemented in Rabbit;

HTH,

Ben