[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP and Python

Michael Arnoldus chime at mu.dk
Thu Apr 23 21:05:32 BST 2009

Just for completeness sake - Qpid is a broker and several client
implementations, including a python one.

We're using the Qpid python client (actually an old version),
primarily because it was the only one available at the time we started
with RabbitMQ.

I have no measurements on performance.

We don't want to use twisted and be forced to code in event-based
style and py-amqplib doesn't seem to handle multithreaded code too
well (at least that's my current understanding - please correct me if
I'm wrong). So there's no real alternative to using the Qpid client in
my case.

Michael Arnoldus