[rabbitmq-discuss] AMQP and Python

Ask Solem askh at opera.com
Thu Apr 23 20:50:04 BST 2009

On Apr 23, 2009, at 6:04 PM, Alexis Richardson wrote:

> Carrot for Django is new but its author seems to have an interest in
> performance.

Actually, carrot is not a client on its own. It's more a high-level
framework to make messaging easier in python (especially Django).

Right now it's using py-amqlib as the backend, I chose it because it
was the easiest for me to use (I don't have any experience using
twisted). I've been thinking about a txAMQP backend for carrot too.
Any help is appreciated.

Performance is important to me, but I doubt the sending/receiving
messages part will be the bottleneck for the project I'm working on
now. I'm using the multiprocessing module new to Python 2.6
(backported to 2.5) to process the jobs concurrently, and it's working
great so far! Spread over two machines and ten concurrent processes,
the work I'm doing takes 8 seconds, compared to the 57 seconds it did
before when using a single process without messaging.

Thanks a lot for RabbitMQ by the way, although I'm pretty new
to this, I'm really excited!

--
Ask Solem <askh at opera.com>
http://github.com/ask