[rabbitmq-discuss] RabbitMQ in .NET Compact Framework

Tony Garnock-Jones tonyg at lshift.net
Wed Apr 22 05:02:05 BST 2009

Hi Andrius,

Andrius Norkaitis wrote:
> No, first exception was about referencing System.Uri which is
> unavailable. But even removing this from Client constructor other
> compatibility issues appeared.

Hmm. What were they? Where should we start? I haven't explored the
compact framework at all -- what steps are you taking to try it all out?
Is it as simple as setting some variables in the nant file, or is there
a separate SDK/runtime to download?

Colin Z wrote:
> Is it incompatible because it tries to generate the code from the AMQP
> spec and the Compact Framework doesn't support Reflection.Emit?

Heh - while we do use System.Reflection during codegen, we don't use
System.Reflection.Emit. Instead, we use WriteLine() :-)

(Also, we don't use Reflection at runtime in any major way, IIRC)

Regards,
   Tony