[rabbitmq-discuss] Publish won't work without transaction?

tsuraan tsuraan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 22:19:53 BST 2008

> If you turn the immediate flag off you should be able to publish this
> without a TX.
>
> HTH,
>
> Ben

Ok, that somewhat works.  So now I must be flooding it with too much
data, so it's dropping most of the messages (of the 1,000 I send,
about 400 get enqueued).  I guess that's the difference between using
a reliable transaction and just flooding the server with messages
then?

Is there a way that I can tell whether the message I sent was dropped
by the server?  Getting rid of immediate did enqueue ~40% of the
messages that I sent, in under a second, but I'd really like all my
messages to be enqueued.  Is there a way to do that that won't take
over a minute?

I guess my basic question is, what's the fastest way to send a message
such that I will either know it's delivered to a queue or get an error
saying it wasn't.