[rabbitmq-discuss] python stomp examples

Novak Joe joes.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 14:09:26 BST 2008

Hi,
  I've just installed rabbitmq on debian etch.  I found it very simple
to get the package installed, and set the server running, however I'd
now like to put together a simple python-based test client, and use it
to test basic communication with the rabbitmq server, over the stomp
protocol.  I initially tried using the stompy module,
http://www.briggs.net.nz/log/projects/stomppy/
$ python stomp.py localhost 61613
subscribe /queue/test
send /queue/test hello world

  albeit without making any changes to the default setup of the
rabbitmq server, but had very mixed results.
  In particular, the first time I tried the example given on the page
above, the server returned a message regarding some gnu project, but
subsequent attempts to send messages did not return any results.

  Are there any lowbrow, python examples of how to actually use the
server to send and receive messages?  I was unable to find any on the
main website but I suspect I must have missed something obvious.  For
example, do I need to install the rabbitmq-stomp gateway, in addition
to the rabbitmq-server, before I can hope to accomplish anything?
Maybe it will suffice for me to first read all of the various blog
entries recommended for the stomp gateway.

  Cheers