[rabbitmq-discuss] Internal services (was Re: Queue info)

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 21:04:00 BST 2008

Michael,

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 8:40 PM, Michael Arnoldus <chime at mu.dk> wrote:
> As far as I remember, my primary concern was dependency on the internals of
> Rabbit and also on Rabbit itself.
>
> Using the erlang client would solve both problems.

This was one of the design intentions of the Erlang client - to
provide an embedded interface to the broker that is not tied to the
underlying Rabbit API (which would change over time).

The Erlang client started as an experimental client, but now, due to
increased interest, we have decided to promote this to become a
supported client interface.

This means that there is currently some clean-up, bug fixes,
documentation and a "last minute" feedback phase for the design of the
lower and upper level APIs before it will be officially released.

Just FYI,

Ben