[rabbitmq-discuss] [BUG] Erlang RabbitMQ client requires installed server code

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 7 14:01:59 BST 2008

Edwin,

On Sun, Sep 7, 2008 at 8:48 AM, Edwin Fine
<rabbitmq-discuss_efine at usa.net> wrote:
> needed to get things up and running). I am going to make my own
> rabbit_common OTP application, and change the Erlang client to depend on it
> rather than the server. I will also see what it takes to change the rabbit
> 1.4.0 server itself to factor out the common code and to use this
> rabbit_common application.

Just FYI, please be aware that the server code base has moved on
structurally since the 1.4.0 release, so you may want to code against
something more recent, without of course coding against a moving
target. Also, there are improvements in a branches in the client that
will go back into the default branch, e.g. introduction of lib_amqp as
a high level API.

Ben