[rabbitmq-discuss] (OT) List replies and email clients - Thunderbird fix

Holger Hoffstätte holger at wizards.de
Sun Nov 30 23:14:58 GMT 2008

I've noticed that many conversations partially disappear because the
default reply-to-sender behaviour is apparently too confusing. Without
going into the reasons why or why not reply-to-list is
useful/evil/whatever [1], I can at least offer a tip for anybody using
Thunderbird and looking for a workaround. The simplest fix, apart from
having to remember to press Reply-All (IMHO unacceptable), is a useful
plugin at http://www.juergen-ernst.de/addons/replytolist.html. It will add
a new "Reply to List" button/shortcut that will correctly reply to the
list if the mail has the necessary list headers.
I'm using it with TB 2.0.0.18 and it works fine.

hope this helps!
Holger

[1] http://www.google.com/search?q=reply-to+considered+harmful