[rabbitmq-discuss] Dev Env for RabbitMQ and some Erlang tips

Ben Hood 0x6e6562 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 15:40:59 GMT 2008

Eran,

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 3:24 PM, Eran Sandler <eran.sandler at gmail.com> wrote:
> What is the dev env you usually use for Erlang?

I think this is quite developer specific and will vary - I described
the way I do it here, but it's only my way of doing things:
http://hopper.squarespace.com/blog/2008/11/15/how-i-install-rabbitmq-on-osx.html

> I'm assuming the Mac people use TextMate or Emacs/VI for code editing (is
> there an Eclipse plugin that is worth while for Erlang?)

At LShift most people use Emacs. I use vi on Linux and TextMate on
OSX. I have tried the Eclipse IDE, but overall, the tool of choice is
down to personal preference.

> Do you have some nice Erlang tutorials?

I'm not aware that we've written any.

>Is there a nice debugger for Erlang?

Depends what you mean by nice.

You can use the non-graphical dbg module or the TCL based UI debugger.

HTH,

Ben