[rabbitmq-discuss] persistence

Matthias Radestock matthias at lshift.net
Wed May 21 11:56:49 BST 2008

Lars,

Lars Bachmann wrote:
> Im not happy with all behaviour and having different issues.
> I delayed the time before closing a channel up to 50 seconds. In this
> case i was able to send about 150000 messages correctly. If I try to
> send more messages I also have to increase the delay time.

We know what the problem is here, and it's going to be fixed in the next
release.

> But if the
> communication between producer and broker takes too long i get an
> "java.net.SocketException".

What do you mean by "takes too long"?

> After this exception also the broker dont respond anymore. The process
> is still running but i cant connect with an erlang shell to the broker.
> Very strange behaviour. All I can do in this situation is to restart the
> broker ...

That's strange indeed. RabbitMQ is normally quite difficult to kill :)

> In the log file is nothing unusal.

Does this go for both the rabbit.log and rabbit-sasl.log?

In any case, please send me the contents of these files.

Matthias.